Friday, May 9, 2008

SENIORS NEED TO TELL CONSECO WE MAY BE OLD, BUT NOT DEFENSELESS

I consider Conseco continuing to take premiums out of my bank account , after, 12 years ago, informing them my husband died ( I sent them a death certificate of my husband days after he died) CRIMINAL. I don't know what else you would call it.

My second husband died on May 13, 1996. I was devastated by losing my husband, but, I had the presence of mind to obtain a legal copy of his death certificate, and to mail it to Conseco and ask them to quit taking premiums out of my account and to discontinue / close the policy out, since it was a cancer policy and he died of cancer.

Like I guess , most people, I thought it would be taken care of, and they would do as I asked.

Not so. I have various insurance policies, and most are just withdrawn by the company monthly.

But, there was no description on the policy withdrawal line to indicate who was insured. In December 2007, my bank, Regions Bank, apparently got an upgrade to their computers which allowed them to print out more details about the withdrawals. To my horror, I saw they were taken out two different amounts on my second husband, Clarence Smith, all this time.

I called Conseco, and an employee / insurance representative, assured me that if I could prove my husband was dead and they had been taking out the money, that it would all be restored to me.

Well, she should be the CEO instead of C. James Prieur, because, at this point, his office has received one certified letter of complaint and demand for return of funds, and a second will be on its way. No response. No writing of any kind. In fact, Prieur took over the position from another man.

http://www.insurancenewsnet.com/a*rticle.asp?a=top_lh&id=62058

May 5, 2006 Friday 1:03 AM GMT

SECTION: BUSINESS NEWS

HEADLINE: Conseco CEO resigns same day insurer posts lower profits

BYLINE: By CHARLES WILSON, Associated Press Writer

DATELINE: INDIANAPOLIS

Conseco Inc. reported a 24 percent drop in quarterly income Thursday, hours after the life and health insurer said its chief executive was resigning.

Conseco President and CEO William S. Kirsch will leave the company on May 23 after less than two years at the helm. James E. Hohmann, the company's former chief administrative officer, will take over as interim CEO until a permanent replacement is found.

The news sent Conseco shares tumbling nearly 6 percent.

In the first quarter, Conseco had net income of $55.1 million, or 35 cents per share, down from $72.3 million, or 44 cents a share in the same period last year.

Excluding one-time items, Conseco earned $55.8 million, or 36 cents, compared to $70.3 million, or 43 cents, in the first quarter of 2005.

The results were 10 cents per share below the forecast of analysts surveyed by Thomson Financial.

The results included an after-tax impact of 5 cents to boost litigation reserves for a lawsuit settlement, according to the company, based in the Indianapolis suburb of Carmel. Conseco spokesman Tony Zehnder declined to comment on specific litigation.

======================================================END of QUOTE
We seniors need to stick up for each other.

Heres's some names and positions in the company:
http://www.hoovers.com/free/co/people.xhtml?ID=10391
CEO and Director C. James Prieur
Age 56
$270,000 salary
$357,534 bonus
Network | E-mail
EVP and CIO Russell M. (Russ) Bostick
Age 51
Network | E-mail
EVP New Product Development Christopher J. Nickele
Age 51
Network | E-mail


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home