Friday, May 9, 2008

First post, my trials with Conseco Insurance

In November 9, 2007, my husband died. This was one of the most traumatic things to ever happen to me. My husband was a great man, kind, loving, considerate, and I was devastated by the loss.

After he died, I was hit with many things that had to be taken care of, and my husband Tom, always tried to do everything for me, and so it was very difficult to try to get up to speed.

One trial was that , Tom and I had money in a safe deposit box in South Texas where we lived, and on or about February 12, 2008, I discovered a great portion of it just was missing.

What ensued was a long battle to try to get my money back. Thanks to my son, and also to a lot of great state agencies, such as the Department of Banking, and the Texas Rangers, the bank decided to return my money in full.

But, while this was going on, in December 2007, my bank changed computer systems and the new system was able to print out more information on the line by line withdrawals.

I think it was in April ( I moved from South Texas in March 2008) that I happened to look at my bank statement, and saw that Conseco was continuing to take out premiums on my second husband who died in May 13, 1996 in Houston. Soon after he died, I sent them a copy of the death certificate as well as a note directing them to close his policy and to discontinue taking out his premiums. They did not do this, and merrily continued withdrawing money to the tune of around $81.43 and continued this every month for 12 years (minus one month, May 2008).

That is a great sum of money if you multiply that figure times 12 months in a year, and 12 years,(and subtract one month).

My son contacted them on my behalf by way of certified mail. This was around the last week in April. We still have not received a written reply to our faxes, emails, and certified mail (except the post office brought back the receipt showing they signed for it).

Everyone, please write Conseco Insurance at : 11825 N. Pennsylvania Street Carmel, IN 46032
or call them at (317) 817-6100 and demand they refund my money, PLEASE !
~Mrs Laverty

Keywords: conseco, fraud, insurance, money, withdrawals

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home